WHAT’S SPECIAL ABOUT OUR PRODUCTS?
Since 1989 we have been dedicated to producing leathergoods of the highest quality you will find anywhere in the world, maintaining a commitment to sustainability and the very opposite of ‘fast fashion’: we are the leather equivalent of the slow food movement! We do our own thing, our own way, for people who know their own minds.
Conor trained in leatherwork in London from 1987-89, winning awards for craftsmanship and design, including an award from Asprey of London. Now all of our employees are trained in our Workshop by Conor.
Our hope is for the Holden name to be totally synonymous with quality and integrity—of design, craftsmanship and sustainability:
- We use only hand selected, vegetable- tanned, full grain cow hide leather in all our products.
- All our leather is tanned in Italy, from European cow hides.
- We only use hides that are generated as by-products of the food chain. We will not use any exotic hides or skins as a point of principle.
- We use a suede lining in our bags so the inside will last as long as the outside. Extending the lifetime of your Holden product.
- All of our raw fittings are sourced in Europe and of the highest quality.
Emphasis here is very much on quality. We have our Classic and Seasonal Collections and ship worldwide.
In addition to the retail collection, we also liaise with interior designers and architects, produce a range of folders and menu covers for restaurants and hotels, and we are happy to accept commissions and bespoke design work. If it can be made in leather it has probably been made here!
- Vegetable tanning involves processing the hides with natural tannic acids from plants, without the use of harmful chemicals.
- The result is leather with a classic, natural look and feel, which gains more character over time.
- Leather is a natural product and there will be slight grain and colour variations.
Full Grain Leather
- Full grain leather is produced using the natural top layer of the hide.
- Natural variation in the grain adds to the beauty and appeal of this premium product, which gains character over time.
- This is full grain, vegetable tanned leather, which has been expertly embossed with a pattern.